This course is of significant benefit to English language teachers who:
• need to improve their current General English language levels
• refresh their language teaching skills and use of technology in their classes
• share ideas on best practice methodologies, including assessment, with colleagues from across Europe thereby improving overall English language teaching in their schools and, as a result, the learner outcomes for their students.
The objectives of this 1-week English Language Training + New Technology in Practice are:
• to develop and consolidate participants’ own language skills
• to enhance communication in English between teachers and students
• to familiarise participants with key issues in English language teaching including use of technology and the use of the web as a teaching resource
• to increase awareness of current trends in digital assessment for the language classroom
• to establish contacts between teachers from a variety of European backgrounds and facilitate future networking among these professionals.
• to promote awareness of contemporary Ireland
• to produce high-quality learning outcomes for participants thereby re-enforcing the capacity and international scope of their schools
The morning classes cover all the language skills – speaking, listening, reading and writing as well as pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar activities. Class work includes individual, pair and group work, discussions, debates, project work, presentations, written tasks and listening exercises. The afternoon input sessions focus on a range of current methodologies in practice, including use of technology and digital assessment and are a blend of lecture format and practical activities.
• Increased fluency and confidence in using English language
• Participation in language learning classes delivered by teachers trained in integrating technology in classroom practice
• Creation of a digital portfolio of tasks and web tools for language teachers to act as a reference for implementing new techniques in their schools and also as an aid to disseminating the project to colleagues
• Increased confidence in using technology in their classroom and awareness of the use of web as a teaching resource
• Increased awareness of current trends in digital assessment in the classroom and the implementation of self-assessment, peer assessment and self-reflection
• Greater understanding of students’ needs
• Sharing of experience with professionals from a range of European countries
• Increased knowledge of Irish history and culture
• Knowledge of Erasmus+ potential for professional development
A 1-week course consisting of 28 classroom contact hours plus an afternoon trainer-led cultural programme designed to increase awareness of the wealth of locally available resources which can be incorporated into classroom teaching activities.
On the final day of the course, the participants engage in a reflection session in which they are encouraged to examine benefits gained from the course and complete a course evaluation form. Participants are encouraged to keep contact via email and private social networking. Regular follow-up contact is made with the participants after completion of the course. Twin English Centre Dublin trainers are available for follow-up advice and support at all times.
To apply for the English Language + New Technology in Practice Course
To make application for Erasmus+ funding for this course or any of our other in-service training courses for teachers please visit your National Agency website for full information on the application process.
About Twin English Centre Dublin
Twin English Centre Dublin has a staff of highly qualified, experienced and motivated teacher trainers who are also practising teachers of English, experienced in using up-to-date methods with learners at all levels of language learning. In addition Twin English Centre Dublin has been providing in-service training courses for teachers from overseas for the last 18 years.
Programme including materials; excursions and activities as outlined in the programme
Host family accommodation; single room; half board
Student Self Catering Accommodation; July & August with limited availability from 16th June
Airport Transfers (optional)