This course is of significant benefit to non-native teachers who:
• need to familiarise themselves with current developments in the use of Technology in their classrooms
• wish to become more confident in using technology in an environment where students are familiar with a wide range of modern technology and applications
• wish to share ideas on best practice with colleagues from across Europe thereby improving the overall approach to using technology in their schools and, as a result, ensuring better integration of school into students’ lives and greater student engagement in learning inside and outside the school.
Special Taster Session
Not sure if this is the right course for you or your school?
Join us for a special FREE taster session.
• 9th June – 14.00- 16.00 GMT
• 2 Hours online
Should you wish to enrol for the full course after attending the taster session, we will waive the €25 registration fee.
Interactive Online Classrooms
We will be offering this course a special one-week interactive online course. By providing you with the opportunity to experience how students experience online learning you will be better equipped to to integrate technology into your classroom.
The aims of this course on Using Technology in the Classroom are:
• to familiarise the participants with recent pedagogical and technology developments and to increase participants’ awareness of the opportunities to integrate ICT into teaching and learning processes in their schools
• to increase participants’ skill and confidence in the use of some computer applications and to give them an opportunity to use programmes to which they are introduced and to learn to adapt some ready-made programmes to their particular classroom requirements
• to provide an opportunity to develop and consolidate participants own language skills and to improve their confidence in their own lesson delivery
• to promote awareness of contemporary Ireland
• to establish contacts between teachers from a variety of European backgrounds and facilitate future networking among these professionals
The input sessions are a blend of theory and practice in using technology across a range of classes and subjects. Demonstrations and practical activities to facilitate using and developing computer-based programmes are included. In addition to the morning sessions there is one afternoon supervised workshop where participants revise and consolidate their understanding of the areas covered during the mornings.
• Introduction to a wide range of applications
• Increased confidence in using technology across a range of subject teaching
• Increased awareness of the use of the web as a teaching resource
• Increased awareness of how integrating technology into learning experiences can help to integrate school into students’ lives so they become more engaged in their learning inside and outside of school.
• Digital portfolio of lesson plans and material created to act as a reference for implementing new techniques in their schools and also as an aid to disseminating the project to colleagues
• Enhancement of personal English Language skills
• Improved learner outcomes for their students
• Sharing of experience and knowledge with professionals from a range of European countries
• Increased knowledge of Irish history and culture
• Knowledge of Erasmus+ potential for professional development
This course on using Technology in the Classroom is a one-week course consisting of 20 morning contact hours as well as 1 afternoon workshop and an afternoon cultural programme directly linked to the morning sessions.
On the final day of the course, the participants engage in a reflection session in which they are encouraged to examine benefits gained from the course and complete a course evaluation form. Participants are encouraged to keep contact via email and private social networking. Regular follow-up contact is made with the participants after completion of the course. Twin English Centre Dublin trainers are available for follow-up advice and support at all times.
To Apply for a Technology in the Classroom Course
To make application for Erasmus+ funding for this course or any of our other in-service training courses for teachers please visit your National Agency website for full information on the application process.
About Twin English Centre Dublin
Twin English Centre Dublin has a staff of highly qualified, experienced and motivated teacher trainers. They are also practising teachers of English, experienced in using up-to-date methods with learners at all levels of language learning. In addition Twin Dublin has been providing in-service training courses for teachers from overseas for the last 18 years.
Programme including materials; excursions and activities as outlined in the programme
Host family accommodation; single room; half board
Student Self Catering Accommodation; (July & August and limited availability in June).
Single room with private bathroom; shared kitchen/living room.
5 minutes on foot from Twin Dublin and from city centre.
Airport Transfers (optional)