This course is of significant benefit to Principals, Head Teachers, Teachers, Career Advisers, Subject Teachers and Trainers who:
• plan, organise and execute work experience programmes for their students
• wish to share ideas on best practice in the field with colleagues from across Europe thereby improving the overall approach to raising awareness of the value of Work Experience programmes in their schools and, as a result, the learner outcomes for their students.
The aims of this course are:
• to familiarise participants with key concepts and issues relating to Work Experience programmes
• to increase participants’ skill and confidence in developing and planning work experience programmes and in integrating the knowledge acquired by their students into their future careers
• increase participants’ awareness of the requirements of host companies
• to establish contacts between Work Experience Organisers from a variety of European backgrounds and facilitate future networking among these professionals
This is a practical, hands-on, participative course which focuses on maximising the value of a work experience programme for organising teachers and their students. The input sessions are a blend of lecture format and practical activities. Throughout the course participants are encouraged to reflect on their own practice and consider alternative practices. Participants will build up a portfolio of ideas and practices which may be implemented on their return to their own countries.
This 1-week course on Maximising the Potential of Work Experience Programmes is a one-week course consisting of 20 morning contact hours, including a Company visit, as well as an afternoon cultural visits programme. Advice is provided on opportunities for extended Informal Learning and Personal Research related to their course on Saturday and Sunday.
On the final day of the course, the participants engage in a reflection session in which they are encouraged to examine benefits gained from the course and complete a course evaluation form. Participants are encouraged to keep contact via email and private social networking. Regular follow-up contact is made with the participants after completion of the course. Twin English Centre Dublin trainers are available for follow-up advice and support at all times.
To apply for the course
To make application for Erasmus+ funding for this course or any of our other in-service training courses for teachers please visit your National Agency website for full information on the application process.
About Twin English Centre Dublin
Twin English Centre Dublin is an approved training centre for the ACELS/QQI Certificate in English Language Teaching (CELT) and has a staff of highly qualified, experienced and motivated teacher trainers who train prospective ELT teachers year-round. They are also practising teachers of English, experienced in using up-to-date methods with learners at all levels of language learning. In addition Twin English Centre Dublin has been providing in-service training courses for teachers from overseas for the last 16 years.
Programme including materials; excursions and activities as outlined in the programme
Host family accommodation; single room; half board
Student Self Catering Accommodation; (July & August only)
Airport Transfers (optional)