During June, July and August we can organise extra self-catering accommodation in Shanowen Hall, Shanowen Road, Santry, Dublin 9.
Shanowen Hall is a modern development of 55 self-catering apartments made up of a selection of 4 and 5 bedroom apartments. Each apartment consists of either 4 or 5 bedrooms, all of which are ensuite, with an open plan living room and kitchen area. This residential complex is situated less than 5 minutes walking distance from Dublin City University and is fully secure with authorised access only, a caretaker on site 24/7 and night time security. Students will be given a telephone number for the caretaker in case of any emergency.
Bed linen, duvet and pillow are provided. Towels and toiletries are not provided and students must bring their own.
The Local DCU Sports complex with gym, pool, spa and sauna are open to our students as is the use of the DCU canteen. Please enquire at the DCU reception about any charges that may apply for the use of these facilities
Smoking is completely forbidden inside every apartment
- Each apartment has either 4 or 5 bedrooms, all ensuite, and a shared living and dining area
- Each kitchen is fully fitted and equipped with a fridge, toaster, kettle, microwave together with crockery and cutlery, pots etc
- All the bedrooms are single and have Broadband access
- Each bedroom is furnished with a study desk and lamp, fitted wardrobe and bedside locker
- Bathrooms contain a shower, toilet and washbasin
- Some bedrooms have wheelchair accessible bathrooms
- There is a cable TV point access in the living area and in each bedroom
- A regular cleaning service is provided to all common areas, entrance, stairwells and hallways of the building.
- The apartments are cleaned once a week
- Cleaning materials are supplied to apartments so students can keep kitchen/living room areas cleaned in-between the weekly clean
- Weekly refuse collection
- Bed-linen changed once a week
Getting To and From Shanowen Hall
You can get a taxi from the airport and the cost would be around €15
If you want to travel by public transport you can get a bus going to city centre via Omni Shopping Center and get off after Omni shopping center/Shanowen Road bus stop at Bus Stop No. 231, Swords Road, Shanowen Road and walk around 5 minutes to Shanowen Road. The cost for this is around €2.50
The main bus corridor from Airport to City Centre passes near Shanowen Road so it is easy to get to city centre by bus. All the buses going to city centre from here will pass by either Parnell Square or Mountjoy Square, both of which are about 5 minutes on foot from there to Alpha College.
The bus numbers which pass near to Shanown Hall are:
- 1 & 16 which stop at Parnell Square
- 33, 33N, 41, 41B, 41C, 41N which stop at Mountjoy Square
Shopping near Shanowen Hall
Within a 10 minute walk from the complex there is a large shopping centre, Omni Shopping Centre, with over 60 shops including Tesco, 11 screen cinemas, more than 10 restaurants and free parking.
There is a convenience Spar shop within 5 minutes walk from the apartments.
The cost, per person, per week is €195 and includes the following:
Single bedroom with private bathroom for 1 week; bedlinen as outlined above, heating, electricity, access to wireless internet, weekly refuse collection, cleaning and weekly linen change.
It does not include daily cleaning, towels, toiletries, food or any local transport or deposit.
A deposit of €100 is required upon arrival.
To book a room in Shanowen Hall
You can book through Alpha College when you are enrolling for a course in Alpha.
The office in Shanowen Hall is open each day, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays, from 10.00 – 13.00 and from 14.00 to 17.45.
If you arrive at Shanowen Hall during office hours a member of staff will give you your key and show you to your room and apartment. If you arrive outside of office hours, you will be sent details of codes required to access the keybox for your room.
Please be aware that we expect students to arrive at the residence within 1.5 hours of arriving at Dublin airport so please come directly from the airport to the apartments rather than going into the city first.
Limited spacesSpaces for Shanowen Hall are allocated on a strict first come – first served basis.
€195 per week for a single room
Availability: June, July and August 2016
Only students of 18 years or older may book this self-catering option.