Alpha College can arrange residential accommodation in Dorset Point Self-Catering Student Residence from 1st July 2018 until 26th August 2018 (with limited availability from 17th June – 1st July and from 19th August until 1st September)
Dorset Point Student Self Catering Accommodation is a newly built development of self-catering apartments designed and built to the highest standards to provide modern, comfortable student living. It consists of a selection of 3-6 bedroom apartments with ensuite bedrooms and spacious, well-equipped living room/kitchen areas.
Dorset Point reception is open 24/7 and is staffed by a friendly and efficient management team.
Dorset Point is located near Alpha College and near city centre. It is about a 4-5 minute walk from Alpha and 5-10 minute walk from city centre. As students staying in the residence can walk to and from Alpha and from city centre they do not need to purchase weekly local transport tickets.
Dorset Point offers students a range of recreational areas, including a student lounge, study room, gardens, cinema and gym. Wireless (WIFI) internet access available in all areas of the complex and there is also secure bicycle storage. (There is no car-parking facility in the complex).
Public transport is available very near the complex.
- The cost is €295 per week for a single room.
- The weekly rate includes heating, electricity, wireless internet, TV, refuse collection, weekly cleaning and linen change. 1 towel is included and most students may prefer to bring extra towels.
Laundry facilities are available, for a fee, on-site.
A regular cleaning service is provided to all common areas, entrance, stairwells and hallways of the building.
The apartments are cleaned once a week, either on a Saturday or Sunday. Bed linen is changed once a week and there is a weekly refuse collection Students are asked, however, to keep their accommodation areas in a clean and tidy state; to clean up after cooking and to be respectful of the needs of the other people living in their apartment.
Laundry & Bed Linen
Bed Linen is provided as well as 1 larger towel but most students prefer to bring their own towels also. Bed linen is changed once per week. Mattress protectors are provided for health and hygiene purposes. A self-service, pay as you go, laundry service is available in the building at an extra cost.
Smoking is strictly forbidden in all apartments and in all areas of the complex, including the gardens.
Check In / Terms and Conditions
- Check-in time is from 15.00. However, if you are arriving on a morning flight you may leave your luggage at the complex but your room will not be ready before 15.00.
- Check-out time is 10.00 a.m. but if you are leaving on a later flight you may leave your luggage at the complex until your departure time.
- Students will be checked-in by a member of the Dorset Point reception team.
- Each student is obliged to follow the Rules and Regulations of Dorset Point. These are explained by the staff at check in.
- Students are responsible for the behaviour of their guests while on the premises.
- All visitors are required to leave the building by 11.00pm and there is a ‘no noise’ policy between 22:00 and 07:00. (If you have a visitor staying overnight s/he must be signed in at reception)
- The rooms are all single rooms with a large single bed. Overnight visitors are only allowed for a maximum of 2 nights per week.
- Occupants are responsible for insurance cover on their own contents.
- Please note students must book a minimum of 1 week’s accommodation in the residence.
- Occupants are expected to vacate their bedrooms for weekly cleaning to be carried out. The time for cleaning will be communicated by reception staff during check-in.
- Private en-suite bedroom with shower
- Shared kitchen/living room including cooking facilities and utensils, seating area and TV
- Bed linen and 1 towel provided (students are recommended to bring extra towels)
- Laundrette (pay-as-you-go wash and dry facility with 24/7 access)
- An average of 4 rooms in each apartment
- Electronic door access with 24 hour CCTV and on-site management
- Gym. Students wishing to use the gym must check in at reception
- 3 outdoor gardens
- Student lounge area
- Study room
Alpha College Summer Residence
Aparto, Dorset Point
107 Dorset Street Upper,
Only students of 18 years or older may book this self-catering option.