Beckett House is a lovely, modern student accommodation complex. Accommodation is provided in apartments with 6 ensuite bedrooms and a shared kitchen/living room.
Each bedroom has a private toilet/shower room, plenty of modern storage, a study desk and of course a comfortable bed and speedy WiFi.
Each shared kitchen/living room has modern cooking facilities including a hob and full size oven together with large fridge/freezer and microwave. There is a 40 inch smart TV in each living area with internet connectivity and a HDMI port located in the wall beside the TV. The living area is furnished with comfortable furniture ideal to relax on at the end of a busy day.
Beckett House offers students a range of facilities including a pay-as-you go laundry room and a range of recreational areas, including a student lounge, study room, landscaped roof garden, cinema and gym. Wireless (WIFI) internet access is available in all areas of the complex. Secure bicycle storage is also available but there is no car-parking facility in the complex.
Beckett House reception is open 24/7 and is staffed by a friendly and efficient management team.
Beckett House is located a 4-5 minute walk from the school and 5-10 minute walk from city centre. As students staying in the residence can walk to and from our Twin English Centre Dublin school and from city centre they do not need to purchase weekly local transport tickets.
Public transport is available very near the complex.
- The cost is €315 per week for a single room.
- The weekly rate includes heating, electricity, wireless internet, TV, refuse collection, cleaning and weekly linen change. 2 large towels are included and students may wish to bring extra towels.
Laundry facilities are available on-site, for a fee – €3.60 for a wash cycle and €1.70 for a dry cycle.
A regular cleaning service is provided to all common areas, entrance, stairwells and hallways of the building. The apartments are cleaned once a week, either on a Saturday or Sunday. Bed linen is changed once a week and there is a weekly refuse collection
Students are asked, however, to keep their accommodation areas in a clean and tidy state; to clean up after cooking and to be respectful of the needs of the other people living in their apartment.
Laundry & Bed Linen
Bed Linen is provided as well as 2 large towels but many students prefer to bring their own towels also. Bed linen is changed once per week. Mattress protectors are provided for health and hygiene purposes. A self-service, pay as you go, laundry service is available in the building at an extra cost.
Smoking is strictly forbidden in all apartments and in all areas of the complex, including the gardens.
Check In / Terms and Conditions
- Check-in time is from 15.00. However, if you are arriving on a morning flight you may leave your luggage at the complex but your room may not be ready before 15.00.
- Check-out time is 10.00 a.m. but if you are leaving on a later flight you may leave your luggage at the complex until your departure time.
- Students will be checked-in by a member of the Beckett House reception team.
- Each student is obliged to follow the Rules and Regulations of Beckett House. These are explained by the staff at check in.
- Students are responsible for the behaviour of their guests while on the premises.
- All visitors are required to leave the building by 11.00pm and there is a ‘no noise’ policy between 22:00 and 07:00. (If you have a visitor staying overnight s/he must be signed in at reception)
- The rooms are all single rooms with a large single bed. Overnight visitors are only allowed for a maximum of 2 nights per week.
- Occupants are responsible for insurance cover on their own contents.
- Please note students must book a minimum of 1 week’s accommodation in the residence.
- Occupants are expected to vacate their bedrooms for weekly cleaning to be carried out. The time for cleaning will be communicated by reception staff during check-in.
- Private en-suite bedroom with shower
- Shared kitchen/living room including cooking facilities and utensils, seating area and TV
- Bed linen and 2 towels (students are recommended to bring extra towels)
- Laundrette (pay-as-you-go wash and dry facility with 24/7 access)
- An average of 6 rooms in each cluster
- Electronic door access with 24 hour CCTV and on-site management
- On-site common room, study room, cinema, gym, garden and secure bicycle parking.
Directions from the Airport
- Beckett House is easily reached from the airport.
- You can travel by taxi – there is a taxi rank outside the Arrivals hall in both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
- You can travel by Aircoach (www.aircoach.ie). There is an Aircoach stop outside the Arrivals hall of Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. You would take a coach which stops in O’Connell Street, outside the Gresham Hotel. These tickets can be booked on line before you come or paid for in cash at the airport. The cost for this is €7 cash, single ticket; €12 return ticket. This journey should be maximum 30 minutes from the airport and coaches leave the airport very frequently.
- The Airlink Express bus also travels from the Airport to O’Connell Street – Route 747 (www.dublinbus.ie). The ticket costs €7 one way and €11 return – but €6 if you book online.
Twin English Centre Dublin Summer Residence
123 Summerhill, (off Gardiner Street),
Tel. + 353 1 685 52 59
Only students of 18 years or older may book this self-catering option.